The Q&A Archives: Fertilizer for staghorn ferns

Question: I have a large size staghorn fern and we know this the first day of spring I never gave any care to it I need help
I don't it to die.

It isn't usually necessary to feed a staghorn fern but if you feel you must, use a diluted fish emulsion fertilizer. Bright light but no direct sun is ideal for your plant. Your stag can handle some sun, but early morning sun only. In the wild, they always have a leaf canopy over them producing broken shade so approximate this condition as best as possible. Do not allow windy conditions either. Feed you stag with organic food such as fish emulsion fertilizer. Most people over water their stags. Water about once a week and soak the moss to do so. The water will pour through quickly so you'll have to apply a lot of water to get a little wetness in the moss...if you have let it dry out too much. If you keep the moss moderately moist, this will not be a problem. Water with rain water if possible. Collect the rain off your roof in a bucket for your stag, or use bottled water.