The Q&A Archives: dog friendly plants

Question: I am looking for any flowing perennials that are dog friendly.My elder boxer walks ever so

Answer: One of my favorite dog-friendly shrubs is the Prague Viburnum. This plant will mature out to a large (10' x 10'), very attractive shrub. It has pink flowers in the spring, and glossy, deep green foliage through the summer. Another dog favorite is the Rose of Sharon. These plants, at 8-10' tall and 5-6' wide, will provide plenty of shade to lie under during the heat of summer while the flowers are a delight to look at from the human perspective. There are many perennial choices available that are dog friendly. Moonbeam Coreopsis is a plant that is very drought tolerant and provides a spectacular show of yellow flowers all summer. Another great choice is Purple Coneflower. Coral Bells is yet another tough and pet friendly plant. Hope these suggestions are helpful!