The Q&A Archives: drainage

Question: I have some drainage problems. Do I need French drain pipe? Does Home Depot have this product? Is there any technical help in installing this product?

Answer: Curtain or French drains can help redirect excess water so your yard can drain quickly. Basically you dig a trench, lay some gravel in the bottom, set a perforated drainage pipe on top of the gravel and then cover the pipe with more gravel, finishing it off with topsoil. The pipe collects and redirects the water. The staff at Home Depot should be able to guide you in your selection of materials needed for a curtain drain. Good luck with your project!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"