The Q&A Archives: disease

Question: The past two years i amd getting white spots on my tomato plants what can i do to the soil before i plant the tomato plants

Answer: Without seeing the problem I'm at a loss as what to suggest. The spots you describe might simply be sunscald, especially if the plants are growing and producing well. If they begin to die off after developing spots, you may be dealing with a fungal or bacterial disease. The best defense is to purchase tomato cultivars with resistance to the most common diseases. Look for the letters "VF", "VFFA", and "VFNT" on the seed packages or plant labels. To further protect your tomatoes, be sure to plant them in different places in the garden every year. Best wishes with your tomatoes.