The Q&A Archives: anthuriums

Question: the leaves on my anthuriums are turning brown. the pot that i plant them in dont have any holes in them. please give me your best suggestions.

Answer: I think you have alread identified the problem - lack of sufficient drainage, which can lead to root rot. I would repot the anthuriums in fresh potting soil, in containers with lots of drainage holes. In fact, I often place them in old nursery pots and then sink those pots into larger more decorative pots so I can display them nicely. When it is time to water, I take the plants out of the decorative pots, set them in the sink in a few inches of water and let the water soak into the soil. Try this with yours and I think they will regain their health. Hope so!