The Q&A Archives: Growing Radishes

Question: I have had trouble in the past growing radishes in my garden, could you please give me some advise on how to grow them in my garden or in a container (plastic).

Answer: Radish seeds are some of the quickest to germinate, and should reward you with crunchy little gems within three weeks of planting. Begin by digging the soil to a depth of 6" inches. Then space seeds 1/2" inch deep and 1" inch apart, firm the soil over the top and water gently. Sow additional seeds each week for a continual supply of fresh radishes. Thin the seedlings to 2" inches apart as they grow, and water regularly. If your seeds aren't germinating, it may be a lack of water. When the top of the soil looks barely dry, water thoroughly.