The Q&A Archives: received a gift

Question: I have a plant with clusters of small white flowers on tall stems. Plant is about 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. What could it be?

Answer: Oh, my goodness - your description could cover hundreds of plants! Plants are best identified by their flowers and season of flowering. But you need to be a bit more descriptive - are the flowers flat, round, bell shaped, etc.? Do the flowers look like any other flowers that you are familiar with? Rose shape? Lily shape? Do they have a yellow center or a green center or some other color center? What shape are the petals? And, what size and shape are the leaves? Do they grow on green stems or woody stems? All of these things are helpful clues to keying out a flowering plant. Try submitting another question to this forum with as many details as you can and we will do our best to identify your new plant.