The Q&A Archives: grub in my grass

Question: i don't know what to do with those grub. I applied scott's grub and the grub still eats my grass.

Answer: It may be that you are applying the grub control at the wrong time of year. Grubs feed near the soil surface from July through October but go deep into the soil the other months of the year so they are not readily affected by the chemicals. Grubs feed on grass roots until the grass dries out and dies. The turf can easily be pulled back like a carpet. Turf can survive some feeding. Less heavily watered turf should be scouted for grubs in early July. Peel back the grass. Just a couple grubs per square foot are not a problem to an otherwise healthy lawn. Ten or more per square foot are necessary to justify treatment.