Question: We have recently moved and I have rather sandy soil and wonder which annuals (if any) will thrive us there. Thanks

Answer: Annuals are pretty adaptable because they live for only a short time. But sandy soil dries out quickly and does not hold nutrients so it's not the best place for annuals or perennials. I would incorporate some organic matter into the soil (compost, etc.) to make the soil a little more hospitable to the roots of your new plants. After digging in a fair amount of compost, plant the annuals you like best. If you add mulch over the bare soil and dig it in at the end of the season, then add more each year you will eventually build your sandy soil into rich garden loam. Best wishes with your new landscape!