The Q&A Archives: Gutter diverter for rain barrel

Question: Does Home Depot carry a downspout diverter for rain barrels? I want to hook the rain barrel up to water the garden this year but I am not sure how to go about it. I don't want to start cutting into my downspout unless I have a plan of attack. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks, Diane Raschal

Answer: You may want to simply remove the downspout and hang a chain in its place on the gutter. The water will flow down the chain and into the rain barrel. There are other things available - just talk to one of the staff members at your local Home Depot. Best wishes with your new rainbarrel!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"