The Q&A Archives: Hibiscus

Question: I purchased a Collection of Hibiscus from, I recieved them yesterday and per the instructions I planted, feed and watered them right away. This morning I went out to check on them and they were all wilted, so I watered them again. What should I do now? If you want to see the actual plants go to and type M18043 in the search box. Thanks for your help.

Answer: I think your new plants are just showing a little transplant shock and they should perk up once the roots become established. Don't water because they are wilted - as long as the soil is moist they will be okay. Keep them out of direct sunshine but do keep them in a brightly lit place. They've been in the dark during the transportation from the greenhouse to your house and they're just a little stressed. Give them time and they should perk up. Water only when the pot feels light and the top of the soil begins to dry out. Good luck with your plants.