The Q&A Archives: trampled plants

Question: The only full sun in my backyard is right in the middle, along the back fence. The squirrels love to run back and forth along the fence and tease my dog, who runs back and forth in front of fence trampling anything in her path. This is where I have to put my veggies. How do I stop the dog from killing everything while she chases he squirrels. She has caught a few. Thanks

Answer: It sounds to me like a second fence will be the only way to keep your dog out of the garden. This way she can run along the second fence (chain link would work) to chase the bunnies but she probably won't be able to catch any. Once you put up the second fence you can attach bird netting from the top of one fence to the top of the second to keep the bunnies from jumping into your garden. Hope this works!