The Q&A Archives: Newly Planted Grevella

Question: I just planted 15 of these. There are a few which do not appear to be taking well and I'm afraid they will die. I planted, watered and fertilizered them the same. And continue to water them the same (now on a drip).

Answer: Most landscape trees and shrubs go through a little transplant shock so give your plants a few more weeks to get their roots established and become accustomed to their new growing spots. I don't know how much water your drip system is providing but you may want to dig down and check to see how moist the soil is. Your shrubs need one inch of water per week in order to grow well. Overwatering can be just as fatal as underwatering. Give the puny plants a few more weeks to adjust and they should be fine.