The Q&A Archives: corn gluten as a herbicide

Question: I had previously asked what can I use in my flowerbed to kill out crabgrass without hurting my existing flowers, one of your suggestions was to use a product that containing corn gluten. I inquired at my local store and they were not knowledgeable about corn gluten and therefore could not recommend a product with this in it. Can you please give me some brand names that have corn gluten in them

Answer: There are a number of corn gluten based products on the market. Here's a short list:

(All Star Trading) Safe Lawn; (Collingwood Ethanol Value Products UCL) Amaizely Green; (Down To Earth Distributors) Corn Weed Blocker; (Fertrell Company) Weed Ban;
(Gardens Alive!) WOW! available online and by mail at;
Manning Agricultural Center, Inc. (Preen Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer);
(R-W Milling Company) Gard'n-Wise Organics; (Scotts Company) Scotts Turf Builder and Lawn Pro; (Soil Technologies Corp.) Dynaweed; Wilbur-Ellis Company) A-Maize-N;
(Woodstream Corp.) CONCERN Weed Prevention Plus. I'm sure Home Depot carries Scott's and Concern and may have the others, as well.