The Q&A Archives: Where to Find a Widger

Question: I'm looking for a particular tool for transplanting seedlings. I have a few but I'm trying to find the company that makes them so I can get some more. It's called a 'widger', and apparently the company's name is 'Strongbeam', but I can't find the original catalog that I got them from, nor can I find Strongbeam on the web. Any ideas on where I can find these little gadgets?

Answer: I found it! Walt Nicke's Garden Talk Catalog has it for just a few dollars (plus s&h). Contact them at PO Box 433, Topsfield MA 01983 or call 508/887-3388. Thanks for teaching me about a tool I'd never heard of!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"