The Q&A Archives: Drooping Hydrangea

Question: I bought a beatiful pink Hydrangea plant and I planted it with potting soil in my yard (potting soil was recommended at home depot)but my plant wont stay up. We tried tieing it up with rope and sticks but it still droops. I love my plant what can i do to make it look beatuful again? Did i plant it wrong?

Answer: If you just planted your hydrangea, it just needs more time to establish its roots. Once it does, it will stay upright. If it has been in the ground for more than a year and it still wilts, it may be getting too much sun. Hydrangeas need morning sun but appreciate shelter from hot afternoon sun. They tend to wilt in hot sunshine but usually recover by the next morning. Hope this information helps!