The Q&A Archives: Slug Control

Question: Because I'm blessed to have hundreds stones once used as ships ballast they border all of my gardens really comes the problems they are heavy and cause a bad moisture under nd round each one..I used liquid and pellets but cannot out do them..they have the edge every hole in leaf plants I contribute to them! I've even tried to out drink them (kidding) with beer in flat containers. Help

Answer: Since your garden is a haven for slugs and snails, I'm afraid the only way to control them is with poison baits. I use the iron based pellets called Sluggo (or EscarGo). These don't hurt wildlife, children or pets but when slugs and snails eat them, they go away and die. I'd give them a try. Hope they work well for you!