The Q&A Archives: Arboricola -Regular Green

Question: I planted about 12 green arboricolas last weekend in a good area, which does not get direct sunlight, but does get light. I have noticed a few spots on some of the leaves on a few of the plants, just wanted to know, if someone knew what causes these spots, not sure that the spots are new since I planted them, If u have care tips it would be appreciated! Thanks.

Answer: Schefflera arboricola grows in full sun to part shade in any average soil so your new plant should thrive when watered deeply once or twice a week, depending upon weather. Some plants develop leaf spots because of injury (perhaps handling or transport from the nursery?) and the spots are not usually a sign of any pest or disease problem. Just keep your new plant watered well and it should thrive for you. Since you've only recently planted your arboricolas, you won't need to feed them until next spring. At that time use a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 to help them maintain health and remain green. Enjoy your new plants!