The Q&A Archives: Geranium Won't Bloom

Question: I have a geramium that is approximately five feet tall. I give it vitamins, but it will not grow any flowers. What should I do? If I cut it back where should it be done? And just out of curosity, do you know what is the tallest geranium is?

Answer: Your geranium must be incredible! Geraniums need full sunshine and soil that's relatively dry to force them into bloom. If you've been feeding your plant to make it grow tall, it might be putting all of its effort into growing leaves and stems, at the expense of blooms. Hold off on the fertilizer and vitamins, allow the soil to dry out before watering, and keep your plant in a sunny location. It should bloom for you this summer. I'm not sure if there is any record of the largest geranium. Maybe yours should be nominated for the book of World Records!