The Q&A Archives: Climbing Rose in Container

Question: I have a new limbing rose bush tats in a big container,I've watered it daily since I live in SC but the leaves are dying. I did have some roses which did bloom. I see no bugs.What can I do?

Answer: It could be that you are watering too much. While plants in containers usually do need to be watered more frequently than the same plants in the ground, daily watering is probably excessive. If the soil is actually dry to the touch, and really needs watering every day, you should transplant your rose into a larger container. Stick your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch below the surface, you won't need to water for a few more days. If it is dry, it's time to water. Hope this information helps!