The Q&A Archives: Looking for plants sugggestion for side entrance to hone

Question: we have planted plumbago as a background & trim it similiar to a hedge. Looking for something to plant in front to give it some interest. Maybe we should replace the plumbago and start over ? The bed is about 7 X 22 and gets quite a bit of sun. Any ideas as we're stumped.. Thank you.

Answer: Plumbago is such a reliable plant for your region that I think you should keep it and simply draw more attention to it with a few companions. A dramatic grouping would combine your plumbago as background for perennial Chicago Picotee Lace Daylily, (Hemerocallis x 'Chicago Picotee Lace') and Blue Storm Lily of the Nile, (Agapathus praecox orientalis 'ATIBlu'). I think the color combinations would work for you. Enjoy your garden!