The Q&A Archives: what can i do about my hedges 6n half feet tall

Question: I have very high hedges where i found out there r some poison ivy in them mix with hedges i need help to get rid of them ASAP Because the rain (4 days) causing them to grow much faster must get rid of them ASAP Thanks for helping!!

Answer: There's no easy way to get rid of poison ivy. For complete eradication, you will need to cut off the tops and dig the roots out of the ground. For now, the best approach is to cut the stems down at ground level and pull the ivy out of the hedge. Immediately after cutting each stem you can paint Brush B Gon or Round Up on each cut stem. You can then trim the hedges. You may need to reapply the herbicide to the poison ivy stumps if new sprouts appear. Hope this helps.