The Q&A Archives: How do i get rid of the bugs called Noseeums?

Question: How do you get rid of the Noseeums (do you know what those are?) thats the name i have heard for them. So i will describe them to you in case you know them under another name. Very small bugs that get on your body while you are gardening. You can only see them from a specific angle, they are almost translucent. My garden is is mainly consisting of vegetables and flowers. Such as tomatoes, watermelons, canolopes, greenbeans, sweetpeas,ratishes, turnups. Ialso like to grow all kinds of summer flowers. I hope this is a good enough description of my area, to help you figure out what these bugs are. And to reccomend to me a good way of killing them with out killing those bugs that do help my garden. Thanks for your time.

Answer: We have noseeums here in Vermont, too. They're teeny tiny gnats that bite - for such a little critter, their bites are painful!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"