The Q&A Archives: Rooting Bush Daisy

Question: How do I root cuttings from a Bush daisy and when?

Answer: I'm not sure what you mean by Bush Daisy...daisies in the genus Chrysanthemum can be propagated by cuttings or by dividing plants once they're done blooming. You can take cuttings from shoot ends at any time during it's active growth period. Make cuttings 4-5" long, strip the leaves from the lower half of the stem, and root them in moist peat or well-drained potting mix. Keep the soil evenly moist, but don't soak it, or the stem will rot rather than root! You can hurry the process by providing bottom heat and using a rooting hormone, but I find they root very readily without much prompting. I hope this answers your question - if your daisy is of a different genus, let me know, and I'll be happy to research this furuther for you. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"