The Q&A Archives: The rabbits/deer are eatting my flowers! HELP! Please...

Question: I just planted Impatiens, which I think have drowned due to all the rain we have been getting, African daisy's and Tukana's, all of the beautiful little raspberry colored flowers have been eaten off of the Tukana's!!! How to I prevent that from happening? I think it might be rabbit or deer that are do this. Thank you for your time and help

Answer: There are some repellants you can try (Ropel and Deer Away) or you may want to simply cage your plants until they grow strong enough to endure occasional nibbling by deer or rabbits. You can make cylinders out of chicken wire and place them over individual plants. If you think of these barriers as only temporary, you should be able to endure having them in your garden - especially when your plants begin to thrive. Good luck with your plants.