The Q&A Archives: What type of plant is this?

Question: I just brought a plant from The Home Depot, however, it came with no instructions on how to care for the plant. I think it's a tropical plant and look something like the head of a pineapple. Can someone help with me with the instructions on how to care for it.

Ms. Mornix

Answer: Your plant could be anything from a sago palm to a pineapple! I can't identify it from your description. How about submitting another question to this forum with additional details and we'll help you identify your plant. Tell us about the size and shape of the leaves, the color, whether it was indoors or out at the garden center. Any detail can help us key it out. In the meantime keep it in a brightly shaded area and water when the top of the soil dries out. Hope to hear from you soon!