The Q&A Archives: Bromeliad

Question: this is my fiance plant but she wants me to care for it since i have the green thumb please help me because am good with vegetables what can i do to help her with her plant

Answer: Bromeliads are reasonably easy to care for. Give them bright light. A window with southern exposure is usually ideal all year. Keep the soil evenly moist, but do not over-water or allow the plant roots to stand in water. You can either water the soil or you can water your bromeliad by filling the tank. Do one or the other, but not both. If you pour water into the ?tank,? change the water frequently to prevent rotting. Regular household temperatures are fine, just keep them out of drafts from heaters and air conditioners. I'm sure the bromeliad will thrive under your care.