The Q&A Archives: White Fly

Question: Please let me know how can I destroy the white fly in my faicas

Answer: There are a number of biological controls that you can try to get rid of white flies. There are several natural enemies that you can purchase to help control the white fly population. Encarsia formosa is a predacious wasp that is released to control white flies. Or, you might want to try releasing lacewings or minute pirate bugs, both usually available at nurseries and garden centers. Other control methods include yellow sticky traps - basically cardboard painted bright yellow and coated with mineral oil or petroleum jelly, and suspended near the tops of plants. Insecticidal soaps work well against white flies, too. Just be sure to spray both top and undersides of leaves. Insecticidal soaps can cause burning of leaves if applied during hot weather, so use caution. Good luck in getting rid of those pesky pests!