The Q&A Archives: Why is my blood orange tree not blooming for 3 years now.

Question: Purchased at the Lake Mary Home Depot, we have fertilized it and put on some kind of bloom stuff that was recommended but now no blooms and the leaves are falling off. Kind of curling up. We did have 5 blooms but they fell off before the leaves starting curling:(

Answer: If your orange tree is in a container, I suspect over fertilization which can cause the leaves to suddenly turn brown and curl up. Trees in containers should be fed with a half strength liquid ferilizer rather than full strength granular fertilizer. As long as your orange tree gets full sunshine, is watered regularly and feed during the growing season it should flower and produce fruit for you. Water thoroughly and then let the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Hope this information helps.