The Q&A Archives: Source for Atlantic Giant' Pumpkin Seeds

Question: Where do I find Atlantic Giant' pumpkin seeds? I looked in my Burpee catalog and I could not find any. I saw they had some Big Max' seeds I think but not the ones you told me. Also you said my watermelons might need some P and K nutrients. But I don't know what they are, so please tell me. I have heard that some fertilizers are labeled with numbers like 10-25-18. I know that these are numbers to use for certain plants, but I didn't know what they were for exactly. Are these the P's and K's you were talking about? Thank you for your time. Zeke Hallam Buena Park,CA

Answer: I'm sorry I didn't explain the P and K fertilizers better. P is for phosphorous (the second number in the trio) and promotes root growth and fruiting. K is for potassium ( the third number in the trio) and promotes flowering and strong stems. Of course, a balance is best in any fertilizer. 'Atlantic Giant' pumpkin sedes are available through, Johnny's Selected Seeds Foss Hill Rd. Albion, ME 04910 207-437-4395