The Q&A Archives: i need help with my passion flower plant

Question: hi, i bought a lavander lady passion flower vine in the fall and it has been doing great inside, but now its not doing so good. the leaves are turning yellowish and falling off. i gave it some fertilizer, and put it outside when the sun is out. i do you think it needs new potting soil? what can i do to keep my plant alive? thank you

Answer: It sounds as though your passionflower plant needs to be outdoors for the summer. Don't put it in direct sunshine at first. The light indoors is not as intense as the sunshine so your plant will burn if you put it out in full sun. Start by sitting it in a shady spot and gradually moving it into just morning sun and then into all day sunshine. Prune off the yellowing foliage and any dead stems to encourage healthy new growth. Don't transplant it at this time - it's already stressed - just keep it watered as you normally do and wait until it recovers. Good luck with your plant!