The Q&A Archives: help with my tom n cuke plants

Question: my tomato plants are taking forever to make babies,same for my cukes plants. lots of flowers,but no kids.also i have sun spots on some of the leavesWhite)plus ants!Help!and how long does it take to for these plants to produce??

Answer: How long your plants take to flower and produce depends upon the variety you planted. Some will devlop fruit in 45 days, others take nearly twice that long. So just continue to give them good care and eventually they will reward you. White spots on the leaves usually indicates sunscald. If there's a way to provide some afternoon shade, the leaves won't be so apt to burn in the sun. Ants are normally not a problem in gardens. They are busy recycling organic debris. There are no ant baits registered safe for use in vegetable gardens so I think you'll just have to coexist with the little pests. Give your plants a little more time and they should flower and fruit for you. Good luck with your garden!