The Q&A Archives: Grubs

Question: I'm growing my first organic vegetable gardern and have found grubs in it. How do I get rid of them organically?

Answer: A Bio-safe Organic wettable powdered form of the microbe 'Bacillus popilliae', also called milky spore, can be used. It is sold under many brand names, including Doom, Japidemic and Grub attack. Another Organic control for grubworms is the use of beneficial nematodes. The nematode-powder (Bioquest, etc.) can be available in your garden center or ordered from biological suppliers (web-search for these) and when mixed with water it is then sprayed on to the affected area. It is important to water immediately after application. Best results are during the mid-summer months as this is when the grub populations are at their highest. Best wishes with your garden.