The Q&A Archives: Plants for Landscape in Front yard

Question: I recently planted some shrubs, perinnials in my yard and they were very full. For some odd reason, they seem to have shrunken and doesn't look as appealing as they did initially. I also planted a knock out rose bush and it's the same way. Please advise on what I need to do to make them look pleasantly healthy as they initially did? Thanks, Vera

Answer: Transplanting stress can make plants look puny for a few weeks but they generally recover and become full and lush once the roots establish themselves. Water your new plants once or twice a week. Be sure to water deeply so the entire root masses get adequate moisture. You can also mulch over the soil beneath the plants to help slow evaporation and moderate soil temperatures. When the roots are established you will see new growth and the plants will look thick and healthy again. Enjoy!