The Q&A Archives: blood orange tree

Question: my blood orange tree was purchased from Home Depot 3 years ago at that time it was 30 gallon and we planted it in the ground and now it is 10 feet tall and we have fertilized it however we get no blooms, what can I do??? to get blooms as this is frustrating........

Answer: Perhaps lack of maturity is keeping your blood orange from flowering. Tree size doesn't always indicate maturity. Some trees can be very large and some very small at the same age. Just be sure your tree is growing well, has full sunshine and is watered as necessary. When it is mature enough, it will bloom and produce fruit for you. Aside from good health and lots of sunshine, there's no way to encourage flowering. Best wishes with your tree!