The Q&A Archives: Dwarf Fruit Trees

Question: it is now 05/21/2009 in the mid-Atlantic region. I have Three dwarf fruit trees. Apple white peach, and necterine.
Two put in spring 08 and one spring 09.
They are dong very good. what do i need to do during the summer to keep them healthy ?

Answer: There's really nothing I can recommend spraying at this point. The only problems that are common in your neck of the woods are fungal diseases, which you can control with a series of preventative sprays during the dormant season and again in early spring. If your trees develop fungal diseases this year, make a note on your calendar to do some dormant season spraying next winter and early spring. As long as you keep your trees watered on a regular schedule and you feed them after they leaf out, they should thrive. Best wishes with your trees.