The Q&A Archives: Yucca tree

Question: my tree seems to be dying. I water it 1-2 times a week, as the directions say, its a house tree and I dont let it sit in water.....any suggestions? Also, is this considered a tree or a plant? thanks

Answer: Yucca plants have some specific needs but they can be successfully grown indoors. Give yucca plants bright light including direct sunlight. They must receive several hours of direct sunlight every day, especially during the summer months. The plant is slow growing under optimal conditions, but if it does not receive bright light it may not grow at all. Because yucca require sunshine, especially during the summer months, move your yucca outside so it can bask in the sunshine. Be sure to water it several times a week when the soil begins to dry out.