The Q&A Archives: Need help

Question: I bought a few hosta plants and lost the tag. I planted them friday and now they look like they might die. I did everything the site said to do to plant them but why are they looking so sad and what can I do to fix it

Answer: Most hostas grow best in rich, moist soil, in shade. It isn't unusual for newly transplanted hostas to go through an adjustment period until the roots become established so if yours are looking puny, I'm sure it is transplant shock. They will recover and healthy new leaves will begin to grow soon. If you planted them in a sunny spot, you'll need to move them to a shadier spot but aside from that, you'll only need to water them deeply once or twice a week and wait for them to adjust to their new homes. Enjoy your garden.