The Q&A Archives: tomato

Question: my tomato plant that i've transplant to the garden its turning yellow. any idea why its that way. also i have a doxie that goes into my garden and he steps on my herbs and vegtable.any suggestions to keep him off. thanks

Answer: Your tomato plant might just be showing some transplant stress. Too much water can cause yellowing leaves, as well so be careful with your watering. And, the lowest, oldest leaves on the plant can turn yellow just because of age. If the yellowing leaves are on the bottom of the plant, just cut them off. I don't know what to recommend other than a fence to keep your pup out of your veggie garden. How about erecting a chicken wire fence around the garden? Something you can step over but your doxie can't?