The Q&A Archives: is this product safe for my plants?

Question: I bought MALATHION - OIL CITRUS AND ORNAMENTAL SPRAY for the bugs that are currently eating my sunflowers, my avocado, begonias, and hydrangeas, i have more flower plants but i cannot remember their name, but is this product okay to avoid these white flies from coming back, i keep spraying them with other products and somehow the very next day the are back, please help, as i am growing frustrated.

Answer: According to the label, it is safe to use on avocado, citrus, camellia, gardenia, ixora, and ligustrum. I would not use the product on any plants that are not listed on the label. The product could burn the foliage. Just use it on the above listed plants, in amounts as recommended on the label.

Whiteflies are really difficult to control. Insecticidal soap is usually effective but repeat sprays are often needed.

Good luck with your garden.