The Q&A Archives: Will they die

Question: Hi, you recently answered my question: Why are my plants turning yellow. I have been over watering them. Now could you answer this question: Will they end up recovering or will they die?? What should I do?? Is there some special medicine that I could give them? Should I water them every other day? Help

Answer: If you cut back on watering your plants have a good chance of recovering. There's not much you can do other than to water thoroughly when you do water and to check whether or not your plants need water by sticking your finger down in the soil before watering. If the soil is moist about an inch and a half beneath the soil surface, your plants won't need to be watered for a few days. If the soil is dry, it's time to water. Best wishes with your plants!