The Q&A Archives: Rainier cherry tree

Question: Hi
I checked my rainier fruits on the tree. they have no worm at all. 80% of fruits were dropped when they were a little. 20% remain were dropped when they grow on the have way. Should I have to tear it down? i am disappoits that they still haven't had fruits for 5 years.
please teel me what to do to.

Answer: Rainier should develop fruit for you, especially if you have a second cherry tree for cross pollination. If the tree looks otherwise healthy, the fruits simply are not being pollinated properly. I can't recommend that you get rid of the tree, but I can recommend that you plant another cherry in your yard. Try planting Black Tartarian or Stella and I think you will see a big improvement in the fruit production. Good luck with your cherry trees.