Question: How do I remove spent flowers on my Calla Lilys, What tool do I use? Will they bloom some more Thanks

Answer: You can cut the spent flowers and stems from the plants if you'd like, to keep the plants looking neat. Just use garden shears or pruners and cut the stalk down below the foliage level. The leaves will begin to yellow when flowering is finished and it's best to allow the leaves to remain until they wither and die down on their own. They're helping store energy in the roots for next year's growth and bloom. Reduce watering after flowering to allow the plants to rest and go into dormancy. When the leaves die down you can lift the rhizomes and cut away the dead leaves. Store the rhizomes in dry sawdust at 40F-50F. When new shoots appear you can replant, setting them about 2" deep.