The Q&A Archives: revive dying plants

Question: I bought a gorgeous gerbera daisy plant & planted it where I have other flowers with the proper soil and fertilizer and I noticed it drooping after the first day. I waited & watered it & it kept getting worse. So I put it in a pot that sits in the sun for a few hours a day & it was getting better after I clipped the dead leves. Now it is worse. What can I do to save it?

Answer: Transplant shock is universal for tender plants such as gerberas. Your plant should recover in a few days. In the meantime try to shield them from hot afternoon sunshine and they will perk up faster. Be sure to keep water off the foliage and water throughly after the top of the soil has dried out. Best wishes with your beautiful new plants.