The Q&A Archives: septoria

Question: year after year I seam to lose the tomato plants to what I have identified as, Septoria

Answer: The symptoms of septoria are similar to those of early blight so a positive diagnosis is really necessary. Take an affected plant or at least some affected foliage to your cooperative extension office so they can put it under a microscope and positively identify the problem. Winnebago County - UW Extension, James P. Coughlin Center, 625 E. County Road Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901-8131, Phone: 920-232-1970 If they cannot diagnose the problem they will send it to the Plant Pathology Dept of UW. Either way you'll know precisely what the problem is and helpful folks there will also provide control measures. Good luck with your tomatoes.