The Q&A Archives: mushrooms

Question: HELP, I have some ugly mushrooms invading my garden! Thanks for any help.

Answer: The mushrooms are growing because there's a food source. Decomposing compost or bark mulch is prime real estate for mushrooms. The mushrooms are harmless to your plants and to your soil. They are quite common and nothing to be concerned about. It just means there's lots of organic matter over your soil or something beneath the soil that is decomposing. Could be old roots, construction debris, or something else that's rotting. You can rake them out of the garden and remove them. Best wishes with your garden.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."