The Q&A Archives: curb appeal

Question: My home sits on a cul de sac and all of my neighbors are always concerned of how my front yard looks likes! This summer I decided to put an end to the weed growing falling apart nonused front yard! I took off all the grass on the front of the house, I would like to add low maintenance plants and palms surrounded by anything but grass!I thought of rocks and pavers because of weeds , suggestions

Answer: Your plan sounds like a good one! There are literally hundreds of plants suitable for your gardening region which are drought tolerant and easy care plants. The University of Florida has a publication that not only lists the plants but provides height, width, and growing requirements of each. Choose plants from this publication and you are sure to have a beautiful front yard - the envy of all your neighbors! You can download the publication: