The Q&A Archives: when to harvest radishes or parsley

Question: When do I pull radishes? Or trim parsley? I have no idea what they look like when grown.

Answer: You can harvest radishes anytime after they start to form if you choose, as some folks like them small and tender. To see whether or not they are ready, pPoke the soil aside with your finger to look at their "shoulders" to get an idea of how big they are. Pull one to see how it's sizing up and tasting. Also, you can use the days to maturity on the seed packet as a guideline for when they should be ready for harvest. Parsley leaves can be harvested all summer long by simply clipping off one or several leafy stems. The more you clip, the more your parsley plant produce. Sometimes my plants produce more leaves than I can use at one time so I cut them off the plant, chop them up and allow them to either air dry so I can store them, or I place small amounts in plastic bags and freeze them for use in cooking. Hope you enjoy your tasty veggies!