The Q&A Archives: How to stop my palnt leaves from turning brown?

Question: I don't think I was real clear on my last question. How do I stop the leaves on my Spathiphyllum from dying? I cut and the same leaves eventually pick up and continue where I cut. HELP!!!

Answer: There are many reasons that the leaves may be turning brown. The plant can be over-watered, under-watered, have too much heat, have too much fertilizer, or any combination of these factors and others. Then we throw into the mix all of the different varieties and its gets very confusing on why the leaves get brown. The most common cause, though, is overwatering or using tap water that has chemicals such as fluoride or chlorine. You can try using distilled water and when you do water, thoroughly wet the soil so it freely drains out of the drainage holes. Then allow the top half inch of soil to dry before watering again. Hope this helps!