The Q&A Archives: pumpkins

Question: I have what looks like mold on my pumpkin flowers and it is killing the flower and not producing pumpkins. we live in florida any suggestions

Answer: The moldy flowers won't produce pumpkins but could spread disease to the rest of the plant so pick them off as soon as you recognize they are getting moldy. There's really no way to stop the problem - high humidity, high rainfall, watering from overhead, overcrowded plants, and not enough sunshine can all cause the flowers to mold. You can try to keep water off the flowers, but that might be easier said than done! Wish I had solutions to share. Best wishes with your pumpkin plants.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"